Hi there! I am fixing up our (poorly) finshed basment.
The problem I have is that my house is semi detached on one side and everytime it rains heavily (super storm sandy heavy) the walls leak water. There is no way for me to put a drain system in as there is not enough space on the side of the house for even a thin child to squeeze in and the alternatives are way out of our budget.
We want to move forward and put flooring down (they had carpet before and it got soaked during the sandy storm) and don't know what is the best option .. Also is there a suggested subfloor we can put down in case the water returns it won't damage the new flooring??
Your help is appreciated. :)
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers