Hi there! I am fixing up our (poorly) finshed basment.
The problem I have is that my house is semi detached on one side and everytime it rains heavily (super storm sandy heavy) the walls leak water. There is no way for me to put a drain system in as there is not enough space on the side of the house for even a thin child to squeeze in and the alternatives are way out of our budget.
We want to move forward and put flooring down (they had carpet before and it got soaked during the sandy storm) and don't know what is the best option .. Also is there a suggested subfloor we can put down in case the water returns it won't damage the new flooring??
Your help is appreciated. :)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!