Hi there! I am fixing up our (poorly) finshed basment.
The problem I have is that my house is semi detached on one side and everytime it rains heavily (super storm sandy heavy) the walls leak water. There is no way for me to put a drain system in as there is not enough space on the side of the house for even a thin child to squeeze in and the alternatives are way out of our budget.
We want to move forward and put flooring down (they had carpet before and it got soaked during the sandy storm) and don't know what is the best option .. Also is there a suggested subfloor we can put down in case the water returns it won't damage the new flooring??
Your help is appreciated. :)
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING