Hi there! I am fixing up our (poorly) finshed basment.
The problem I have is that my house is semi detached on one side and everytime it rains heavily (super storm sandy heavy) the walls leak water. There is no way for me to put a drain system in as there is not enough space on the side of the house for even a thin child to squeeze in and the alternatives are way out of our budget.
We want to move forward and put flooring down (they had carpet before and it got soaked during the sandy storm) and don't know what is the best option .. Also is there a suggested subfloor we can put down in case the water returns it won't damage the new flooring??
Your help is appreciated. :)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects