Problem solved. Thank You Thank You Thank You!!! I too had "chirping wires". The chirp bounced throughout the house to the point where I had no idea which detector to replace.I thoroughly went through the house one by one. When all 7 smoke and carbon monoxide detectors were dismantled and batteries removed the chirping continued. Just as others stated, it seemed as if the wires were chirping. I thought I would have to get an expensive electrician in to do some rewiring. Just as a precaution, I climbed up into my cold attic and low and behold I found a detector I had no idea existed. House was built 7 years ago. That detector sent the sound down through out the house. Remember- Wires don't chirp. Thank You to those posts that suggested this simple, but overlooked possibility.
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
Hard-wired fluorescent fixture to plug?
chirping electric smoke alarms
smoke detector keeps beeping with new battery in (co...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects