A rat came in through my exterior vent and died somewhere in the back of my dryer. The expert I consulted says that the rat likely was chopped up by the fan (we found a foot in the dryer with the clothes), and that even if he takes it completely apart, it may not be sanitary (and may continue to smell). Also, I am concerned the rat may have chewed wiring inside, making a serious fire hazard. I think the rat was pretty much vaporized, but it concerns me that the Critter Getters couldn't find more than the foot. The dryer was expensive and is only a year old! Do I need to bite the bullet, and get a new dryer?
You need to get a second opinion although I do have the same fears that a part of the wiring may have been cut or this would pose a serious fire hazard. I would rather get rid of this dryer and in future use rodent repellents available in the market like Fresh Cab pouches to prevent this from happening again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!