A rat came in through my exterior vent and died somewhere in the back of my dryer. The expert I consulted says that the rat likely was chopped up by the fan (we found a foot in the dryer with the clothes), and that even if he takes it completely apart, it may not be sanitary (and may continue to smell). Also, I am concerned the rat may have chewed wiring inside, making a serious fire hazard. I think the rat was pretty much vaporized, but it concerns me that the Critter Getters couldn't find more than the foot. The dryer was expensive and is only a year old! Do I need to bite the bullet, and get a new dryer?
You need to get a second opinion although I do have the same fears that a part of the wiring may have been cut or this would pose a serious fire hazard. I would rather get rid of this dryer and in future use rodent repellents available in the market like Fresh Cab pouches to prevent this from happening again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes