I would like to convert some old window sashes into kitchen cabinets. This is something I can't find any instructions for, and I'm not sure why more people aren't recycling window sashes in this way. Is there a lot of work involved in adapting/fitting the sash to the existing cabinetry? I am hoping to find window sashes that are approx. the size of the current kitchen cabinets to be replaced, and then simply adding hinges and knobs to them. What else should I consider for this project?
Insulated Window Identification and Window Warranty?
Sliding door leak
Replacing an adjustable threshhold
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!