I turned my light switch off and there was still a red light coming from the circuit
replaced 1 of 2 light fixtures in bedroom ceiling. White to White Black to black and gound. switch turned off. put light in and it came on the other light did not - it is working by the switch. Help!!
Light fixture just 2 wires, The box had 2 white, 2 black and 1 red and a ground. Put the red and blacks together and the whites together now although the lights will light when the bulbs screwed in but the switch won't turn them off.
Having the same problem. Switch worked with old light. With breaker on, whites together and blacks together and grounded switch doesnt turn on or off. Light just stays on.
When you took it apart and put it back together you got the wiring goofed up. It's as simple as that. Nothing mysterious about it
Mine is doing the same thing I've tried wiring it every way possible but it still will not shut off at the switch
Try removing the switchbox altogether, and leaving the wires disconnected but safely separated. Then turn the power on. If the lightbulb comes on with the wires completely separated, then that is not the correct line to the fixture, and is why the light is always staying on no matter what you do. If it is the correct line, then you must be wiring incorrectly to the switch. Sometimes dual switches have little metal tabs that link the parallel poles on one side, and you have to break them off to isolate a pole. Perhaps this is the case? maybe send a picture of the backside of the switch so we can take a look.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!