I am an apartment renter with a GE JGBS07DEM2WW gas oven. 98% of the time, we have no problems with this appliance. However, 2% of the time one of the range top knobs turns to the on position when it is slightly brushed against. My husband and I are hypervigilant, but out babysitters are not. On 4 occasions we have come home to the house filled with gas. Our children are too young to mess with the oven or recognize the smell as dangerous and our usual babysitter never notices the smell.
I have read some criticisms online about the GE oven design because of this same concern. While this is a rare event, it could be a fatal event. Is there any safey upgrade that I can request? Should I insist on a replacement from my landlord.
GE XL44 Oven thermostat or sensor Broken?
Gas Oven Burner Tube
bake and broil not working in my oven ignitor not gl...
Caloric Ultramatic Built-In Gas Oven
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes