I am an apartment renter with a GE JGBS07DEM2WW gas oven. 98% of the time, we have no problems with this appliance. However, 2% of the time one of the range top knobs turns to the on position when it is slightly brushed against. My husband and I are hypervigilant, but out babysitters are not. On 4 occasions we have come home to the house filled with gas. Our children are too young to mess with the oven or recognize the smell as dangerous and our usual babysitter never notices the smell.
I have read some criticisms online about the GE oven design because of this same concern. While this is a rare event, it could be a fatal event. Is there any safey upgrade that I can request? Should I insist on a replacement from my landlord.
GE XL44 Oven thermostat or sensor Broken?
Gas Oven Burner Tube
bake and broil not working in my oven ignitor not gl...
Caloric Ultramatic Built-In Gas Oven
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects