I am an apartment renter with a GE JGBS07DEM2WW gas oven. 98% of the time, we have no problems with this appliance. However, 2% of the time one of the range top knobs turns to the on position when it is slightly brushed against. My husband and I are hypervigilant, but out babysitters are not. On 4 occasions we have come home to the house filled with gas. Our children are too young to mess with the oven or recognize the smell as dangerous and our usual babysitter never notices the smell.
I have read some criticisms online about the GE oven design because of this same concern. While this is a rare event, it could be a fatal event. Is there any safey upgrade that I can request? Should I insist on a replacement from my landlord.
GE XL44 Oven thermostat or sensor Broken?
Gas Oven Burner Tube
bake and broil not working in my oven ignitor not gl...
Caloric Ultramatic Built-In Gas Oven
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!