I am an apartment renter with a GE JGBS07DEM2WW gas oven. 98% of the time, we have no problems with this appliance. However, 2% of the time one of the range top knobs turns to the on position when it is slightly brushed against. My husband and I are hypervigilant, but out babysitters are not. On 4 occasions we have come home to the house filled with gas. Our children are too young to mess with the oven or recognize the smell as dangerous and our usual babysitter never notices the smell.
I have read some criticisms online about the GE oven design because of this same concern. While this is a rare event, it could be a fatal event. Is there any safey upgrade that I can request? Should I insist on a replacement from my landlord.
GE XL44 Oven thermostat or sensor Broken?
Gas Oven Burner Tube
bake and broil not working in my oven ignitor not gl...
Caloric Ultramatic Built-In Gas Oven
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight