I am an apartment renter with a GE JGBS07DEM2WW gas oven. 98% of the time, we have no problems with this appliance. However, 2% of the time one of the range top knobs turns to the on position when it is slightly brushed against. My husband and I are hypervigilant, but out babysitters are not. On 4 occasions we have come home to the house filled with gas. Our children are too young to mess with the oven or recognize the smell as dangerous and our usual babysitter never notices the smell.
I have read some criticisms online about the GE oven design because of this same concern. While this is a rare event, it could be a fatal event. Is there any safey upgrade that I can request? Should I insist on a replacement from my landlord.
GE XL44 Oven thermostat or sensor Broken?
Gas Oven Burner Tube
bake and broil not working in my oven ignitor not gl...
Caloric Ultramatic Built-In Gas Oven
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!