I have a 1/2 HP Craftsman Garage Door Opener that was just installed this past spring and It's now not working at all.
Last night I went to put a bulb in one of the sockets on either side of the opener and upon screwing the bulb in I heard a pop and the lights and power went out in the garage. I flipped the breaker in the garage and the lights and power came back on, but my garage opener now just clicks when you hit the button to open the door. I found out that a washer had fallen into where the bulb's socket is located and thus why this happened.
The opener is receiving power, but I don't know to what extent the unit is damaged.
Do these openers have a fuse inside the unit or something that I need to reset?
Just looking for some suggestions on troubleshooting the problem.
Thanks for any information you can provide.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!