I have a 1/2 HP Craftsman Garage Door Opener that was just installed this past spring and It's now not working at all.
Last night I went to put a bulb in one of the sockets on either side of the opener and upon screwing the bulb in I heard a pop and the lights and power went out in the garage. I flipped the breaker in the garage and the lights and power came back on, but my garage opener now just clicks when you hit the button to open the door. I found out that a washer had fallen into where the bulb's socket is located and thus why this happened.
The opener is receiving power, but I don't know to what extent the unit is damaged.
Do these openers have a fuse inside the unit or something that I need to reset?
Just looking for some suggestions on troubleshooting the problem.
Thanks for any information you can provide.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight