If I am suppose to get plywood flooring for my new house and the and the builder is telling me that he is using edgegold the first question is, is that considered plywood and the second question is how can using edgegold instead of plywood effect the construction
He's giving you a screwing. Edgegold is like a particle chip board. Cheap Cheap. Insist on the 5/8 plywood that was agreed on.
To your second question if it ever got wet for any reason you stand a chance of being alright with the plywood while your pressed board tend to swell up right away.
Plywood will delaminate once it gets wet.
Gold Edge has been treaded and is rated to not change shape or loose strength when it does get wet under normal construction time spans.
It even has drain holes made into the edges.
I've used nothing but this or Advantech since they came out and never had an issue.
May want to down load the PDF to see for yourself the difference.
I also would never use 5/8, use 3/4 T & G instead.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 10 Welcoming Front Door Paint Colors
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Simple Projects for Beginning Woodworkers