I need to build a pony wall inside the house (cement slab foundation) that is 11 feet long, total height of 35 inches and finished width of approx 10 inches. Can I frame it with 2x10 lumber - bottom and top plate as well as studs? The 2x10 would give me an actual width of 9 1/4inches plus drwywall on both sides would be close to 10 1/4 inches. We live in Canada so I'm not sure that with the seasonal changes if this wide lumber would work or if it would twist and warp?
I give up!! Garage/Basement built into hillside in P...
Basement interior door framing
removing a load bearing wall
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide