I need to build a pony wall inside the house (cement slab foundation) that is 11 feet long, total height of 35 inches and finished width of approx 10 inches. Can I frame it with 2x10 lumber - bottom and top plate as well as studs? The 2x10 would give me an actual width of 9 1/4inches plus drwywall on both sides would be close to 10 1/4 inches. We live in Canada so I'm not sure that with the seasonal changes if this wide lumber would work or if it would twist and warp?
I give up!! Garage/Basement built into hillside in P...
Basement interior door framing
removing a load bearing wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!