I have recently installed and new door jamb for a set of french doors. The jamb is plumb, I have checked it multiple times, but when I hung the doors, the do not hang level. They are flush at the top but at the bottom they are off by about 1/2" (one door is leaning into the closet and one is leaning into the room). What would be causing this? Is the only way to fix this to cheat out the bottom of my jamb so they hang flush?
Thanks for the reply Duane. The frame was square before I installed the jamb. I have also checked the jamb after installed and it is level on both planes.
"I have also checked the jamb after installed and it is level on both planes." Then the floor is sloped.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers