I have recently installed and new door jamb for a set of french doors. The jamb is plumb, I have checked it multiple times, but when I hung the doors, the do not hang level. They are flush at the top but at the bottom they are off by about 1/2" (one door is leaning into the closet and one is leaning into the room). What would be causing this? Is the only way to fix this to cheat out the bottom of my jamb so they hang flush?
Thanks for the reply Duane. The frame was square before I installed the jamb. I have also checked the jamb after installed and it is level on both planes.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!