Halunen & Associates, a law firm that specializes in construction material lawsuits, is investigating a class action lawsuit against MW Windows for leaking and rotting windows.
You can contact them at http://www.halunenlaw.com or (866) 523-8533.
Three years and six months in our latest home. 45 plus MW windows. After reading these posts, I got out a flashlight and looked at over half of the MWs. Especially the ones prone to high winds and rain from common "nor'easters" and other high wind and rain in SE North Carolina. No sign of rot or unusual destruction. I wonder if other brands of windows and doors have similar problems like a lot of your posts describe. Good luck, and stay dry!
I am in on any class action lawsuit against m&w windows. Have several m&w windows leaking. Two large picture windows, at $1400 each, in two center dormers that have leaked, even after trying to seal them with silicon and ruined the drywall below them to name just two. Do not use m&w windows, even if they are given to you!!!
So how do I get info about the lawsuit. My house was built in 2002, I settled in 2003, and whenever it rains, there are stains on the window sills. I have a garage full of replacement sills that I have not installed...this will be the 3rd installment
If anyone knows more about this I would like to know. I have at lease 30 windows plus 3 sets of sliding glass doors that are rotting. I had to screw the fixed panel of one set of doors to the frame yesterday to keep it from falling out. I plan to do further research to see what I can do.
I have had several problems with my mw window. I keep replacing sashes at my expense. My house is only nin years old and these windows and doors are a mess.
You could call the manufacturer and make a complaint with all of the flaws you have found with these windows.
I too have rotting window seals. Is there a suit against MW. I am going to have to replace at least 3 right now.
I have been in our home for 11 years. We noticed that the vinyl clad window sash has wrinkled up and the bare wood is showing. Of course my warranty has expired. No one at M & W would like to talk to me about helping me with this problem. I am interested in being included in the class action suit. Please someone contact me. I have about 30 windows in my house this will not be an easy or inexpensive fix.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes