Until we searched leaking windows and found this site, we had no idea others were having the same kinds of problems with their MW windows. We have battled this since our home was built in 1996.
A legal investigation is being conducted by the lawfirm Halunen & Associates. Their info below:
phone: (612) 605-4098
Good luck to all of us!
We have same problem. Our home is fifteen years old, and our window sills are rotting out with the paint intact. It looks like the moisture goes right through the paint and primer. Primer does not do the job.
My house was built in 2001, North Carolina. MW casements throughout the home. We had a driving storm yesterday, water came pouring in the house between the transom window above and the triple casement below. This is not the first problem I've had, but the worse. Will be replacing as soon as possible. Don't know yet of possible damage in the walls.
My house was built in 1999, and my contractor used M&W windows. I've had absolutely no problems with leaking, rotting, warping, opening or closing in all these years. So, my feeling is, everyone will experience a problem now and then with anything you buy. Perhaps all these negative comments are misdirected meaning that the contractor did not seal the windows properly when they were installed and it has nothing really to do with M&W. It's now October of 2012, and I'd use this type window again if I needed to replace them.
Very happy and lucky for you. However, there would not be a class action lawsuit if so many others were not having a problem, as reported herein.
Joan, our windows are 17 years old. We have had moisture to get in between the glass on several of the windows and rust has formed. Is there anything we can do?
2012 年 02 月 23 日 上午 5:52It is a clear truth what you have written here! If evorebydy could write the same way like you guys than the internet would exist without lies and rumors! WARNING! Only the certified content here! Beware of fake!!
Fantastic items from you, man. I've take note your stuff prior to and you are simply exermetly wonderful. I really like what you have obtained right here, really like what you are saying and the best way wherein you assert it. You're making it enjoyable and you still take care of to stay it wise. I cant wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.
2012 年 03 月 18 日 下午 11:41I think you knew how to arouse inertest in me! I like the article so much that I think I didn?t even notice that I?m reading with an open mouth! Really very cognitive! So I?m writing here for everybody to enjoy it! Have fun!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY