I am about to install a new Sliding Patio Door. I have (2) questions regarding the installation:
(1) It is my understanding that you can not flash directly over the new Pressure Treated Wood with Aluminum because of corrosion concerns from the Highly Alkaline formulation. How do I flash over the new formula pressure treated wood? ... and what type is the best sealant? ... silicone rubber or polyurethene construction adhesive?
The manufacturers of pressure treated wood recommend stainless steel fasteners in contact with their treated products. I assume that this would extend to flashings or any other metals in contact with such materials. Maybe you could cap the treated wood members with an untreated 1 x where in contact with the aluminum.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!