I am about to install a new Sliding Patio Door. I have (2) questions regarding the installation:
(1) It is my understanding that you can not flash directly over the new Pressure Treated Wood with Aluminum because of corrosion concerns from the Highly Alkaline formulation. How do I flash over the new formula pressure treated wood? ... and what type is the best sealant? ... silicone rubber or polyurethene construction adhesive?
The manufacturers of pressure treated wood recommend stainless steel fasteners in contact with their treated products. I assume that this would extend to flashings or any other metals in contact with such materials. Maybe you could cap the treated wood members with an untreated 1 x where in contact with the aluminum.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!