I am about to install a new Sliding Patio Door. I have (2) questions regarding the installation:
(1) It is my understanding that you can not flash directly over the new Pressure Treated Wood with Aluminum because of corrosion concerns from the Highly Alkaline formulation. How do I flash over the new formula pressure treated wood? ... and what type is the best sealant? ... silicone rubber or polyurethene construction adhesive?
The manufacturers of pressure treated wood recommend stainless steel fasteners in contact with their treated products. I assume that this would extend to flashings or any other metals in contact with such materials. Maybe you could cap the treated wood members with an untreated 1 x where in contact with the aluminum.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight