Problem: Rain leaking at Basement window (from the interior upper trim of window casing)
Does not always leak when it rains. Seems to depend on direction of rain.
The house has two storeys. Lower is all brick and upper is covered with siding.
The main bedroom (lower storey) has a bay window, with three windows. Originally the two fixed windows leaked in the same manner, but replacing the exterior caulking cured the leaking problem.
The casement window has had the weather strip at the top replaced. Also professional renovator has replaced the flashing.
Problem still exists.
Did a water spray of the casement window and also ALL the siding. Murphy’s Law – no leak.
Can you help me please?
What kind of weather barrier do you have on your house? Is it all lapped right? You might find some pics like yours on this web site.www.badstucco.com Look in the un classified section. section 6 see what the brick layer did.
hey bob - replacing casement with double hung?
DYI Guides for Replacing Window with New Construction?
Truth casement windows.
New Rough Window Opening in Existing Brick
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects