Problem: Rain leaking at Basement window (from the interior upper trim of window casing)
Does not always leak when it rains. Seems to depend on direction of rain.
The house has two storeys. Lower is all brick and upper is covered with siding.
The main bedroom (lower storey) has a bay window, with three windows. Originally the two fixed windows leaked in the same manner, but replacing the exterior caulking cured the leaking problem.
The casement window has had the weather strip at the top replaced. Also professional renovator has replaced the flashing.
Problem still exists.
Did a water spray of the casement window and also ALL the siding. Murphy’s Law – no leak.
Can you help me please?
What kind of weather barrier do you have on your house? Is it all lapped right? You might find some pics like yours on this web site.www.badstucco.com Look in the un classified section. section 6 see what the brick layer did.
hey bob - replacing casement with double hung?
DYI Guides for Replacing Window with New Construction?
Truth casement windows.
New Rough Window Opening in Existing Brick
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!