Problem: Rain leaking at Basement window (from the interior upper trim of window casing)
Does not always leak when it rains. Seems to depend on direction of rain.
The house has two storeys. Lower is all brick and upper is covered with siding.
The main bedroom (lower storey) has a bay window, with three windows. Originally the two fixed windows leaked in the same manner, but replacing the exterior caulking cured the leaking problem.
The casement window has had the weather strip at the top replaced. Also professional renovator has replaced the flashing.
Problem still exists.
Did a water spray of the casement window and also ALL the siding. Murphy’s Law – no leak.
Can you help me please?
What kind of weather barrier do you have on your house? Is it all lapped right? You might find some pics like yours on this web site.www.badstucco.com Look in the un classified section. section 6 see what the brick layer did.
hey bob - replacing casement with double hung?
DYI Guides for Replacing Window with New Construction?
Truth casement windows.
New Rough Window Opening in Existing Brick
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers