Problem: Rain leaking at Basement window (from the interior upper trim of window casing)
Does not always leak when it rains. Seems to depend on direction of rain.
The house has two storeys. Lower is all brick and upper is covered with siding.
The main bedroom (lower storey) has a bay window, with three windows. Originally the two fixed windows leaked in the same manner, but replacing the exterior caulking cured the leaking problem.
The casement window has had the weather strip at the top replaced. Also professional renovator has replaced the flashing.
Problem still exists.
Did a water spray of the casement window and also ALL the siding. Murphy’s Law – no leak.
Can you help me please?
What kind of weather barrier do you have on your house? Is it all lapped right? You might find some pics like yours on this web site.www.badstucco.com Look in the un classified section. section 6 see what the brick layer did.
hey bob - replacing casement with double hung?
DYI Guides for Replacing Window with New Construction?
Truth casement windows.
New Rough Window Opening in Existing Brick
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!