We just bought a 1912 house. All of the windows are double hung with a pulley mechanism. Most of the mechanisms are broken and we do not have the time or money to fix all of them.
Is there any window hardware out there that can to hold the bottom window open?
Why not just fix them, it is pretty easy and cheap. on the side jambs there are inspection ports that need to be opened to get access to the weights. You may need to cut them out a little if they have never been opened before. Once open, just replace the old rope with new rope. Probably about a 1/4" cotton rope will work for another 30 years or so.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!