We just bought a 1912 house. All of the windows are double hung with a pulley mechanism. Most of the mechanisms are broken and we do not have the time or money to fix all of them.
Is there any window hardware out there that can to hold the bottom window open?
Why not just fix them, it is pretty easy and cheap. on the side jambs there are inspection ports that need to be opened to get access to the weights. You may need to cut them out a little if they have never been opened before. Once open, just replace the old rope with new rope. Probably about a 1/4" cotton rope will work for another 30 years or so.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips