We just bought a 1912 house. All of the windows are double hung with a pulley mechanism. Most of the mechanisms are broken and we do not have the time or money to fix all of them.
Is there any window hardware out there that can to hold the bottom window open?
Why not just fix them, it is pretty easy and cheap. on the side jambs there are inspection ports that need to be opened to get access to the weights. You may need to cut them out a little if they have never been opened before. Once open, just replace the old rope with new rope. Probably about a 1/4" cotton rope will work for another 30 years or so.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!