This isn't windows per se, so please forgive me if this isn't the right forum. I've spent about 45 minutes Googling for answers to this drapery-fixture question, though, and have in response gotten only information about How to Choose the Right Cordless Drill! and How to Customize Your Drapery Rods with *darling* little Holstein cow designs and How to Get Rich, Thin, and Sexually Functional AllatOnce!. Therefore, as I type this, I'm...well, like the title says.
Tonight, the draperies rods in my house fell off their fixtures. Just...fell. No spare parts fell out of the fixtures; they just decided to drop.
Unfortunately, we just can't understand how to reinsert the drapery rods into the fixtures. Doubly unfortunately, these draperies covered our big picture window, and we live in a city close to the road. A sheet nailed to the sides isn't going to hold us forever. My mother, who has many wonderful qualities but has made it a life goal never to learn about the value of money, is oblivious; she's declared that there'll be no problems! We'll just get a new rod and draperies! It'll be $150, tops!
Argh. As much as I'm sick of home-repair projects on our 90-year-old house, I can't afford $150 for new draperies, particularly when there's nothing wrong with the old ones. Could anyone please help me as to how to reassemble my drapery rods? I've enclosed pcitures below of the fixtures and the ends of the rods. The end-of-rod pics are a bit overexposed; I can take new ones if need be.
Many thanks to anyone who can help me out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!