This isn't windows per se, so please forgive me if this isn't the right forum. I've spent about 45 minutes Googling for answers to this drapery-fixture question, though, and have in response gotten only information about How to Choose the Right Cordless Drill! and How to Customize Your Drapery Rods with *darling* little Holstein cow designs and How to Get Rich, Thin, and Sexually Functional AllatOnce!. Therefore, as I type this, I'm...well, like the title says.
Tonight, the draperies rods in my house fell off their fixtures. Just...fell. No spare parts fell out of the fixtures; they just decided to drop.
Unfortunately, we just can't understand how to reinsert the drapery rods into the fixtures. Doubly unfortunately, these draperies covered our big picture window, and we live in a city close to the road. A sheet nailed to the sides isn't going to hold us forever. My mother, who has many wonderful qualities but has made it a life goal never to learn about the value of money, is oblivious; she's declared that there'll be no problems! We'll just get a new rod and draperies! It'll be $150, tops!
Argh. As much as I'm sick of home-repair projects on our 90-year-old house, I can't afford $150 for new draperies, particularly when there's nothing wrong with the old ones. Could anyone please help me as to how to reassemble my drapery rods? I've enclosed pcitures below of the fixtures and the ends of the rods. The end-of-rod pics are a bit overexposed; I can take new ones if need be.
Many thanks to anyone who can help me out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them