Decorating around an air return vent
My air return vent is underneath a little bar area that I created in our bonus room. I want to put some fabric underneath the bar to make that area look a little nicer. The fabric would be long on the left front of the bar and shorter over the small black refrigerator on the right underneath the bar. The area is 4' wide x 24" deep. Would this greatly hinder the air return vent if I "skirt" underneath the bar?
Any fabric will hinder the air flow but it's better than building a solid door in front of it. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Worse case scenario, you pull the fabric to the side a little.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!