Thanks ahead of time for all your great advice.
I have a dark brown satin oak hardwood flooring already installed. We are now replacing our staircase with maple tread and newel posts along with poplar balusters. The idea is to stain the treads handrail and newel posts and paint white the trim and balusters.
The question is, what sheen should we do the treads stain and paint to look well with our floor. We get a choice for the treads and one for the white balusters (csn be different sheen)
We do want the treads to stain a darker brown black than our floor and the balusters white as that seems to give an elegant look.
We have a choice between satin, semi,or high gloss in each.
Thanks so much for your help
HELP!! GROUT HAZE ON LIMESTONE TILE
Flooring over tile?
Buckling/Rippling of newly installed Engineered Hard...
New To Tile Floors. Need Advice!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!