Thanks ahead of time for all your great advice.
I have a dark brown satin oak hardwood flooring already installed. We are now replacing our staircase with maple tread and newel posts along with poplar balusters. The idea is to stain the treads handrail and newel posts and paint white the trim and balusters.
The question is, what sheen should we do the treads stain and paint to look well with our floor. We get a choice for the treads and one for the white balusters (csn be different sheen)
We do want the treads to stain a darker brown black than our floor and the balusters white as that seems to give an elegant look.
We have a choice between satin, semi,or high gloss in each.
Thanks so much for your help
HELP!! GROUT HAZE ON LIMESTONE TILE
Flooring over tile?
Buckling/Rippling of newly installed Engineered Hard...
New To Tile Floors. Need Advice!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office