I had this floor installed in 2005 and I am having the same problem that everyone else is having. Five of my friends who also had this same floor installed also hate it. We are all having the following problems of grout cracking, turning yellow and will not come clean,scratches all over the floor and the worst part is the large size chipping. The floor looked beautiful for the first year or so and then this all started to happen.
We are in the process now of getting new flooring and want to remove the Dura Ceramic and try to salvage the tiles that look good yet from 916 sq ft. Is this possible? Is there a chemical to put on the grout to soften the grout to make this job possible. This is a do it yourself remodeling job and we do not have all the tools a Professional has.
Thanks for your help,
Do it yourself Dura Ceramic Removal!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight