I had this floor installed in 2005 and I am having the same problem that everyone else is having. Five of my friends who also had this same floor installed also hate it. We are all having the following problems of grout cracking, turning yellow and will not come clean,scratches all over the floor and the worst part is the large size chipping. The floor looked beautiful for the first year or so and then this all started to happen.
We are in the process now of getting new flooring and want to remove the Dura Ceramic and try to salvage the tiles that look good yet from 916 sq ft. Is this possible? Is there a chemical to put on the grout to soften the grout to make this job possible. This is a do it yourself remodeling job and we do not have all the tools a Professional has.
Thanks for your help,
Do it yourself Dura Ceramic Removal!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!