I had this floor installed in 2005 and I am having the same problem that everyone else is having. Five of my friends who also had this same floor installed also hate it. We are all having the following problems of grout cracking, turning yellow and will not come clean,scratches all over the floor and the worst part is the large size chipping. The floor looked beautiful for the first year or so and then this all started to happen.
We are in the process now of getting new flooring and want to remove the Dura Ceramic and try to salvage the tiles that look good yet from 916 sq ft. Is this possible? Is there a chemical to put on the grout to soften the grout to make this job possible. This is a do it yourself remodeling job and we do not have all the tools a Professional has.
Thanks for your help,
Do it yourself Dura Ceramic Removal!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers