We are finishing a basement and have all the outlets roughed, and some of the ceiling lights as well.
One one side we have 8 outlets, never expected to use more than 1 or 2 at a time, and 2 over head lights. We have 14/2 for the outlets and going up to where we want the lights. I think we need 14/3 from light to light - but am not sure. We want to be able to turn the lights on and off independently while keeping the outlets live.
How do we do this?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers