I have two 13 year old Lennox G26 propane fueled furnaces (attic and basement). The one in the basement is a high efficiency unit with external air intake. At night, I keep the temperature at 59. In the morning, the thermostat is set for 67. Both furnaces come on when the thermostat calls for heat and take the temperature to about 64-65 both downstairs and upstairs before the thermostat shuts off (not calling for heat). After about 1-2 minutes, the thermostat calls for heat and both furnaces start again and then reach the 67 set point. There are no problem codes showing on the furnaces when they first shut down (LED shows normal operation) so I don't think this is a high limit switch issue. Is this unusual or indicating a problem with the Honeywell Programmable Thermostat anticipator or just normal operation? There are no problems during the day to keep the set temperature. This is not a new problem with the furnaces and they have been serviced. Thanks for your help.
Further reading on the 'Net indicates that programmable, electronic thermostats only have so called automatic anticipators that are not adjustable and that the thermostat/furnace cycling is normal under the circumstances I described. On/off cycle times can be adjusted but I don't think anything needs to be done as these were presumably factory set at time of installation. So I will assume for now that this is how the thermostats/furnaces are supposed to function for HEAT. Other more professional opinions are welcome.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes