Does anyone know where we should start with fixing/repairing a 1930 field stone bungalow?
We have done the obvious: new roof, new siding, new windows (some rooms) but we are wondering if such a thing exists as a professional will do a "diagnostic" on a house?
A professional who can point out things in need of repair that the layman homeowner is clueless about?
Our first thought was to hire a home inspector (though no intention of selling) we thought this could help give us some insight and direction as to what needs work and a starting point? A priority fix list? We have owned the home for 15 years and now are in a position financially to start digging in-- and di$hing out.
If anyone has ideas, they are greatly appreciated!!
i would suggest looking at this site especially if you're planning to do it yourself without asking for professional help, you can find all the articles you need on every step in their blog, hope it helps armchair builder
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs