Does anyone know where we should start with fixing/repairing a 1930 field stone bungalow?
We have done the obvious: new roof, new siding, new windows (some rooms) but we are wondering if such a thing exists as a professional will do a "diagnostic" on a house?
A professional who can point out things in need of repair that the layman homeowner is clueless about?
Our first thought was to hire a home inspector (though no intention of selling) we thought this could help give us some insight and direction as to what needs work and a starting point? A priority fix list? We have owned the home for 15 years and now are in a position financially to start digging in-- and di$hing out.
If anyone has ideas, they are greatly appreciated!!
i would suggest looking at this site especially if you're planning to do it yourself without asking for professional help, you can find all the articles you need on every step in their blog, hope it helps armchair builder
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs