Does anyone know where we should start with fixing/repairing a 1930 field stone bungalow?
We have done the obvious: new roof, new siding, new windows (some rooms) but we are wondering if such a thing exists as a professional will do a "diagnostic" on a house?
A professional who can point out things in need of repair that the layman homeowner is clueless about?
Our first thought was to hire a home inspector (though no intention of selling) we thought this could help give us some insight and direction as to what needs work and a starting point? A priority fix list? We have owned the home for 15 years and now are in a position financially to start digging in-- and di$hing out.
If anyone has ideas, they are greatly appreciated!!
i would suggest looking at this site especially if you're planning to do it yourself without asking for professional help, you can find all the articles you need on every step in their blog, hope it helps armchair builder
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps