I am going to be putting in a high tension electric fence for horses. I am going to use 6 inch wooden posts for the corners and 4 inch wooden posts for the line posts. I live in an area that gets very cold and the frost line is 4 to 5 feet deep. The fence manufacturer recommends that posts should be below the frost line. If I put the posts down 5 feet and cement them in, wont the frost push the post up by pushing up on the cement ball around the post since most likely the cement ball will not be below the frost line. If I do not cement the post in will it be secure enough?
Load Bearing or not?
Screened in porch under the deck
To settle or not to settle... that is the question..
Attic fan or not
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight