I am going to be putting in a high tension electric fence for horses. I am going to use 6 inch wooden posts for the corners and 4 inch wooden posts for the line posts. I live in an area that gets very cold and the frost line is 4 to 5 feet deep. The fence manufacturer recommends that posts should be below the frost line. If I put the posts down 5 feet and cement them in, wont the frost push the post up by pushing up on the cement ball around the post since most likely the cement ball will not be below the frost line. If I do not cement the post in will it be secure enough?
Load Bearing or not?
Screened in porch under the deck
To settle or not to settle... that is the question..
Attic fan or not
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!