We are preparing to restore our vinyl shutters and have discovered Shutter ReNu, along with a few other brands, such as Shutter Saver. There is a good difference in price. Can anyone help with the "best" DIY product for this purpose? Thanks!
Generally you get what you pay for. We used shutter renu over 8 years ago on our faded gray shutters and they still look like the day we treated them. We also bought their siding product for our faded siding and restored our siding a year later and it still looks good. Good luck.
We have never tried shutter saver. We used vinyl renu which is made by the same people that make shutter renu (we also looked at Vistalone who makes a similar product but didnt choose them). We had allot of shutters and it was cheaper buying larger units of vinyl renew than the shutter renu packaged kit. Vinyl Renu was more money than shutter saver but they have great reviews and a contractor friend told us about it and said he uses it in his business. We figured for all the work of climbing on ladders and cleaning we didnt want to have to do it again in 3-4 years so we used vinyl renu which seems to be the longest lasting product (or lease the product with the longest claims).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes