Breaker Box Installation
I am getting ready to wire up a new panel box in my house. I purchased a new Eaton 200 Amp 42-Space CH Type Main Breaker Loadcenter. My house currently only has 3 wire service (the new box is capable of both 3 and 4 wire service. I need to know whether or not i need to connect the bonding strap to the neutral bar and/or do i need to run a ground wire to a grounding pole. The meter box is attached to a metal grounding post. We recently built a new addition and the meter is now inside with the panel box right next to it. It would be very easy to run a wire to it if i need to. I attached some photos of the panel box for a reference.
I need to clarify a few things in my post. when i stated "bonding strap" i meant the small rod that you can turn and put into the neutral bar (see picture). when i said "grounding post" i meant the bar strip on the left, which has a small slot where you would normally put the ground wire for the 4 wire service.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes