Breaker Box Installation
I am getting ready to wire up a new panel box in my house. I purchased a new Eaton 200 Amp 42-Space CH Type Main Breaker Loadcenter. My house currently only has 3 wire service (the new box is capable of both 3 and 4 wire service. I need to know whether or not i need to connect the bonding strap to the neutral bar and/or do i need to run a ground wire to a grounding pole. The meter box is attached to a metal grounding post. We recently built a new addition and the meter is now inside with the panel box right next to it. It would be very easy to run a wire to it if i need to. I attached some photos of the panel box for a reference.
I need to clarify a few things in my post. when i stated "bonding strap" i meant the small rod that you can turn and put into the neutral bar (see picture). when i said "grounding post" i meant the bar strip on the left, which has a small slot where you would normally put the ground wire for the 4 wire service.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!