Breaker Box Installation
I am getting ready to wire up a new panel box in my house. I purchased a new Eaton 200 Amp 42-Space CH Type Main Breaker Loadcenter. My house currently only has 3 wire service (the new box is capable of both 3 and 4 wire service. I need to know whether or not i need to connect the bonding strap to the neutral bar and/or do i need to run a ground wire to a grounding pole. The meter box is attached to a metal grounding post. We recently built a new addition and the meter is now inside with the panel box right next to it. It would be very easy to run a wire to it if i need to. I attached some photos of the panel box for a reference.
I need to clarify a few things in my post. when i stated "bonding strap" i meant the small rod that you can turn and put into the neutral bar (see picture). when i said "grounding post" i meant the bar strip on the left, which has a small slot where you would normally put the ground wire for the 4 wire service.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!