My sump pit has 2 holes in the bottom and also the hole by which the drain tile gets in is not sealed (there is a space between the tile and the pit which allows the water to get in).
My pump kicks on just below the inlet. Since the water gets in from the holes, the inlet is always dry (no water coming from it). Since the water gets in from the holes, I presume that it prevents the water table to rise enough to reach the perimeter drain, but is it normal that the inlet remains always dry.
PS. My house was built in 2008 and I have never seen any water infiltration since I'm the owner.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- Water is only entering the sump pit from holes and the inlet of the perimeter drain remains dry.
Plumbing - My hot water is not working
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Wet Basements,Trees and Your Foundation
mystery waterfall leak in basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps