My sump pit has 2 holes in the bottom and also the hole by which the drain tile gets in is not sealed (there is a space between the tile and the pit which allows the water to get in).
My pump kicks on just below the inlet. Since the water gets in from the holes, the inlet is always dry (no water coming from it). Since the water gets in from the holes, I presume that it prevents the water table to rise enough to reach the perimeter drain, but is it normal that the inlet remains always dry.
PS. My house was built in 2008 and I have never seen any water infiltration since I'm the owner.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- Water is only entering the sump pit from holes and the inlet of the perimeter drain remains dry.
Plumbing - My hot water is not working
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Wet Basements,Trees and Your Foundation
mystery waterfall leak in basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY