My sump pit has 2 holes in the bottom and also the hole by which the drain tile gets in is not sealed (there is a space between the tile and the pit which allows the water to get in).
My pump kicks on just below the inlet. Since the water gets in from the holes, the inlet is always dry (no water coming from it). Since the water gets in from the holes, I presume that it prevents the water table to rise enough to reach the perimeter drain, but is it normal that the inlet remains always dry.
PS. My house was built in 2008 and I have never seen any water infiltration since I'm the owner.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- Water is only entering the sump pit from holes and the inlet of the perimeter drain remains dry.
Plumbing - My hot water is not working
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Wet Basements,Trees and Your Foundation
mystery waterfall leak in basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips