My sump pit has 2 holes in the bottom and also the hole by which the drain tile gets in is not sealed (there is a space between the tile and the pit which allows the water to get in).
My pump kicks on just below the inlet. Since the water gets in from the holes, the inlet is always dry (no water coming from it). Since the water gets in from the holes, I presume that it prevents the water table to rise enough to reach the perimeter drain, but is it normal that the inlet remains always dry.
PS. My house was built in 2008 and I have never seen any water infiltration since I'm the owner.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- Water is only entering the sump pit from holes and the inlet of the perimeter drain remains dry.
Plumbing - My hot water is not working
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Wet Basements,Trees and Your Foundation
mystery waterfall leak in basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!