My sump pit has 2 holes in the bottom and also the hole by which the drain tile gets in is not sealed (there is a space between the tile and the pit which allows the water to get in).
My pump kicks on just below the inlet. Since the water gets in from the holes, the inlet is always dry (no water coming from it). Since the water gets in from the holes, I presume that it prevents the water table to rise enough to reach the perimeter drain, but is it normal that the inlet remains always dry.
PS. My house was built in 2008 and I have never seen any water infiltration since I'm the owner.
- Forum >
- Basement & Foundation >
- Water is only entering the sump pit from holes and the inlet of the perimeter drain remains dry.
Plumbing - My hot water is not working
Question for LWP, Cellarman, Basement Waterproofer a...
Wet Basements,Trees and Your Foundation
mystery waterfall leak in basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs