Last June I moved into a new house that had a small sump pit in the basement. I never saw a drop of water in it until about two weeks ago when it suddenly became constantly full and the sump pump started running every 3-5 minutes. The days before featured a significant amount of rain and a winter's worth of snow had melted throughout my back yard. Concerned that the small pump and small pit weren't adequate I had a basement company upgrade the pit, and even out in a full interior drain system running towards a new 3/4 hp pump.
Even now, the new pump is running every 3-5 minutes.
Is it conceivable that the ground is still just ridiculously saturated from melting snow and occasional rain? Or did a river just magically appear under my house? I just find it on that I went from no water in the pit to a constantly running pump!
Foundation level with ground can't grade soil away f...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes