I did a search and I believe my best bet to move my shed up 10 inches or so to get it out of flood danger is to jack it put and place it on concrete block footers.
Anyone have suggestions on what size jacks to look for at the home stored. I need to move it up 10 or so inches from where it is. It is already 4-5 inches off of the soil. Do I need to move it a lot to do my work? how many jacks do you think would be needed for an approx 8x8(or 10) shed/barn?
Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't see any detailed instructions anywhere.
thanks for any advise. Katrina really flooded my backyard and it gets flooded a couple times a year.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!