I did a search and I believe my best bet to move my shed up 10 inches or so to get it out of flood danger is to jack it put and place it on concrete block footers.
Anyone have suggestions on what size jacks to look for at the home stored. I need to move it up 10 or so inches from where it is. It is already 4-5 inches off of the soil. Do I need to move it a lot to do my work? how many jacks do you think would be needed for an approx 8x8(or 10) shed/barn?
Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't see any detailed instructions anywhere.
thanks for any advise. Katrina really flooded my backyard and it gets flooded a couple times a year.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight