I did a search and I believe my best bet to move my shed up 10 inches or so to get it out of flood danger is to jack it put and place it on concrete block footers.
Anyone have suggestions on what size jacks to look for at the home stored. I need to move it up 10 or so inches from where it is. It is already 4-5 inches off of the soil. Do I need to move it a lot to do my work? how many jacks do you think would be needed for an approx 8x8(or 10) shed/barn?
Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't see any detailed instructions anywhere.
thanks for any advise. Katrina really flooded my backyard and it gets flooded a couple times a year.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love