I'm gutting an entire basement and hoping to perform a facade-lift in a few years. The bottom line: all our windows will need to be replaced. A design/build firm I've talked to recommends Weathershield windows, but I've never heard of the company, they have a terrible web site, and the nearest dealer is too far for me to travel with my 10-month-old daughter.
Has ANYONE had experience with Weathershield -- either positive or negative? How would you "rank" their windows among Pella, Marvin, Andersen, etc.?
In the interests of full disclosure, I thought I'd mention that we'll be needing BOTH casement and double-hung windows. All windows should have wood mullions on the interior and aluminum or vinyl-clad mullions on the exterior. We want these windows to look like real old-fashioned windows on a craftsman (or "arts and crafts") home and NOT sandwich the mullions between panes of glass.
Hi, we are building a new 7000 sq ft home, and our builder- who is experienced with higer-end homes suggested this company. We have seen homes with their windows, all homes done to resemble the old-world look- and I have to say- they do most beautiful windows I have ever seen. We are installing cheri wood inside/bronze aluminium outside with outside/inside grills. Our home is old-world style as well. Call the dealer near you and ask them to send you their free catalogs. All homes in 3mil price range and up in Michigan have wheathershield windows. Go to www.gardellahomes.com and then to suppliers and traders tab- under windows weathershield is listed. I walked through 2 of the gardella homes and they have weathershiled windows- very beautiful especially the clad bronze. Andersen- absoltely do not recommend.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!