I'm gutting an entire basement and hoping to perform a facade-lift in a few years. The bottom line: all our windows will need to be replaced. A design/build firm I've talked to recommends Weathershield windows, but I've never heard of the company, they have a terrible web site, and the nearest dealer is too far for me to travel with my 10-month-old daughter.
Has ANYONE had experience with Weathershield -- either positive or negative? How would you "rank" their windows among Pella, Marvin, Andersen, etc.?
In the interests of full disclosure, I thought I'd mention that we'll be needing BOTH casement and double-hung windows. All windows should have wood mullions on the interior and aluminum or vinyl-clad mullions on the exterior. We want these windows to look like real old-fashioned windows on a craftsman (or "arts and crafts") home and NOT sandwich the mullions between panes of glass.
Hi, we are building a new 7000 sq ft home, and our builder- who is experienced with higer-end homes suggested this company. We have seen homes with their windows, all homes done to resemble the old-world look- and I have to say- they do most beautiful windows I have ever seen. We are installing cheri wood inside/bronze aluminium outside with outside/inside grills. Our home is old-world style as well. Call the dealer near you and ask them to send you their free catalogs. All homes in 3mil price range and up in Michigan have wheathershield windows. Go to www.gardellahomes.com and then to suppliers and traders tab- under windows weathershield is listed. I walked through 2 of the gardella homes and they have weathershiled windows- very beautiful especially the clad bronze. Andersen- absoltely do not recommend.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight