I have a circuline light fixture that I want to replace. It uses (2) bulbs - one large and one smaller (not sure exact size offhand). The smaller bulb worked, but the larger bulb never did, even after I replaced the bulb. Then the smaller bulb stopped working, so I replaced it. The new bulb didn't work, so I replaced the ballast. After replacement, one of the bulbs only flickered faintly - my repair did not work.
So now I am considering replacing the fixture with the same type of fixture. I know the line is hot because, among other things, I accidentally touched it. Not knowing anything about electricity (other than to turn off the breaker before working on it), I wondered if it is possible that the electric current is weak? Another thing is that I connected the red and white wires to the ballast because I heard that red and black were interchangeable. Then I grounded the green wire as I had seen it positioned before.
I don't have a lot of time and money, so I just want to check my options before I spend time and money on another failed project. I appreciate any tips or advice you can offer. Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes