Please answer subject question
- Forum >
- Windows & Doors >
- Is there any such thing as exterior grade lumber without being pressure treated?
Sure! Redwood is the classic choice, the one used most before the advent of treated lumber, but for many uses cedar is another good option. Note, too, that some new formulations for treated lumber, such as acelylation (treated with the main component of vinegar) promise affordable weather-, rot- and pest-resistant lumber without the toxic side effects of old-fashioned CCA-treated wood.
Can I Install Stone Or Tile Right Over Cracks In Our...
how to learn kitchen cabinet refacing
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!