We are building a new house and the windows were never stained or varnished when put in. Now the wood window sills have dirt and dried bug matter on them. I am wondering if anyone knows of a good way of cleaning these without sanding them. The wood is pine and when we tried to sand them it scratched up the sills even with the finest sand paper there is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I just finished installing a staircase and couldn't stain or varnish for a few days because of the weather. Naturally, it had scuff marks and dirt from those who didn't remove their shoes. Like magic, the magic eraser worked wonders. It removed all scuff marks, dirt, and some pencil marks left from the installation. Be sure to wear gloves if you have nail polish on though because the magic eraser will dull it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!