Anyone on this forum had any problems with Reynolds/Atrium vinyl windows? (such as lots of air drafts, cracks in corners of frames/sashes, etc.)
Oh just wait..the best is yet to come, I have water coming in these windows now as we speak and sitting on the windowsills which are wood, running down my walls under the trim work and this is the third time. My home is not even 3 years old and the builder says they need to be cleaned which I say is BS.When it rains hard the water just pools in the sills because they don't have weepholes and I think these windows are a piece of *****. I suppose i shall call Atrium but I'm sure they won't be of any help.
I had 13 Reynolds windows installed in my home and would not recommend these windows to anyone. 8 out of the 13 windows had to be replaced due to gas seal failure. Every spring I have 1 or 2 windows growing mold between the panes of glass from this failure. Getting Reynolds to warranty these windows is a hassel.
I had 11 of these windows installed May 88. I've been satisfied until now-on one of the windows the plastic pieces that hold the window closed broke and split apart, so I can't open the window. Marjo systems of Glassmark Industries installed them and have been out of business for many years. I just looked at my receipts and found that I have 20 year fabrication warranty which is worthless if the business no longer operates. Any suggestions about how I can get these pieces fixed?
Can anyone tell me how to get in contact with Reynolds to have warranty work done? My information is out dated.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers