Anyone on this forum had any problems with Reynolds/Atrium vinyl windows? (such as lots of air drafts, cracks in corners of frames/sashes, etc.)
Oh just wait..the best is yet to come, I have water coming in these windows now as we speak and sitting on the windowsills which are wood, running down my walls under the trim work and this is the third time. My home is not even 3 years old and the builder says they need to be cleaned which I say is BS.When it rains hard the water just pools in the sills because they don't have weepholes and I think these windows are a piece of *****. I suppose i shall call Atrium but I'm sure they won't be of any help.
I had 13 Reynolds windows installed in my home and would not recommend these windows to anyone. 8 out of the 13 windows had to be replaced due to gas seal failure. Every spring I have 1 or 2 windows growing mold between the panes of glass from this failure. Getting Reynolds to warranty these windows is a hassel.
I had 11 of these windows installed May 88. I've been satisfied until now-on one of the windows the plastic pieces that hold the window closed broke and split apart, so I can't open the window. Marjo systems of Glassmark Industries installed them and have been out of business for many years. I just looked at my receipts and found that I have 20 year fabrication warranty which is worthless if the business no longer operates. Any suggestions about how I can get these pieces fixed?
Can anyone tell me how to get in contact with Reynolds to have warranty work done? My information is out dated.
Has anyone found out who to call for Warranty on Reynolds Windows bought before they sold off their Residential Building Group?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps