Anyone on this forum had any problems with Reynolds/Atrium vinyl windows? (such as lots of air drafts, cracks in corners of frames/sashes, etc.)
Oh just wait..the best is yet to come, I have water coming in these windows now as we speak and sitting on the windowsills which are wood, running down my walls under the trim work and this is the third time. My home is not even 3 years old and the builder says they need to be cleaned which I say is BS.When it rains hard the water just pools in the sills because they don't have weepholes and I think these windows are a piece of *****. I suppose i shall call Atrium but I'm sure they won't be of any help.
I had 13 Reynolds windows installed in my home and would not recommend these windows to anyone. 8 out of the 13 windows had to be replaced due to gas seal failure. Every spring I have 1 or 2 windows growing mold between the panes of glass from this failure. Getting Reynolds to warranty these windows is a hassel.
I had 11 of these windows installed May 88. I've been satisfied until now-on one of the windows the plastic pieces that hold the window closed broke and split apart, so I can't open the window. Marjo systems of Glassmark Industries installed them and have been out of business for many years. I just looked at my receipts and found that I have 20 year fabrication warranty which is worthless if the business no longer operates. Any suggestions about how I can get these pieces fixed?
Can anyone tell me how to get in contact with Reynolds to have warranty work done? My information is out dated.
Has anyone found out who to call for Warranty on Reynolds Windows bought before they sold off their Residential Building Group?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!