Anyone on this forum had any problems with Reynolds/Atrium vinyl windows? (such as lots of air drafts, cracks in corners of frames/sashes, etc.)
Oh just wait..the best is yet to come, I have water coming in these windows now as we speak and sitting on the windowsills which are wood, running down my walls under the trim work and this is the third time. My home is not even 3 years old and the builder says they need to be cleaned which I say is BS.When it rains hard the water just pools in the sills because they don't have weepholes and I think these windows are a piece of *****. I suppose i shall call Atrium but I'm sure they won't be of any help.
I had 13 Reynolds windows installed in my home and would not recommend these windows to anyone. 8 out of the 13 windows had to be replaced due to gas seal failure. Every spring I have 1 or 2 windows growing mold between the panes of glass from this failure. Getting Reynolds to warranty these windows is a hassel.
I had 11 of these windows installed May 88. I've been satisfied until now-on one of the windows the plastic pieces that hold the window closed broke and split apart, so I can't open the window. Marjo systems of Glassmark Industries installed them and have been out of business for many years. I just looked at my receipts and found that I have 20 year fabrication warranty which is worthless if the business no longer operates. Any suggestions about how I can get these pieces fixed?
Can anyone tell me how to get in contact with Reynolds to have warranty work done? My information is out dated.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight