Hello, new here.
We've been in our house for five years now, the house was built in 1940. We have beautiful marble window sills in each window in the house. These never show ANY signs of moisture, although they do get very cold in the winter.
At the outside corners of some of the sills, the plaster walls are starting to buckle and crack from some sort of water damage, I presume. We have caulked all of the windows outside.
Can anyone explain this to me or offer any advice on how to fix this problem? We love our home and do not plan on moving for the next 30+ years. Thanks in advance for any help.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips