I have a sunroom addition and there are 7 large Anderson windows in it. A friend's home had a track system that held a quilted "shade" that could be cranked opened and closed.
I would like to find out where I might get information on this type of system to help keep the cold out.
My home is in the nortern RI area and if anyone might suggest a company I could contact, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
I don't have a recommendation on where to get window quilts (check your yellow pages?). However, I do have a related issue to mention. Window quilts do indeed make a room warmer during the winter, but make the window much colder which can lead to condensation issues. At 0° outside, if you had a modern Low E coated window, the glass temperature would drop at least an additional 21° when covered by a window quilt. If your humidity is low in the home that will not be an issue. However, if your humidity level is high, the use of window quilts can lower the glass temperature below the given dew point, leading to the formation of wood-damaging condensation on the glass.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!