I have a sunroom addition and there are 7 large Anderson windows in it. A friend's home had a track system that held a quilted "shade" that could be cranked opened and closed.
I would like to find out where I might get information on this type of system to help keep the cold out.
My home is in the nortern RI area and if anyone might suggest a company I could contact, your advice would be greatly appreciated.
I don't have a recommendation on where to get window quilts (check your yellow pages?). However, I do have a related issue to mention. Window quilts do indeed make a room warmer during the winter, but make the window much colder which can lead to condensation issues. At 0° outside, if you had a modern Low E coated window, the glass temperature would drop at least an additional 21° when covered by a window quilt. If your humidity is low in the home that will not be an issue. However, if your humidity level is high, the use of window quilts can lower the glass temperature below the given dew point, leading to the formation of wood-damaging condensation on the glass.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!