I have received a few estimates for new windows in my home. Window World (the $189/window guys) is the cheapest, but their added costs seem odd. For 10 Double Hung windows (only 4 with Low E glass) and 1 picture window (with Low E glass), they came up with $3,900. $660 of this is an additional charge to remove my aluminum windows. Does this seem high to anyone? Especially the $660 to remove my metal windows?
Also, is the Low E stuff that big of a deal?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Upstate South Carolina
Save yourself some heartache, stress and money. Don't go cheap when it comes to windows. I wouldn't put a $189 window in a 1974 mobile home. You get what you pay for. If you go vinyl, go with a high end brand. better yet, call Renewal by Anderson. I took out 21 vinyl windows that were about 9 years old and put in the Andersen composite. Amazing difference. Worth every penny.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!