I have received a few estimates for new windows in my home. Window World (the $189/window guys) is the cheapest, but their added costs seem odd. For 10 Double Hung windows (only 4 with Low E glass) and 1 picture window (with Low E glass), they came up with $3,900. $660 of this is an additional charge to remove my aluminum windows. Does this seem high to anyone? Especially the $660 to remove my metal windows?
Also, is the Low E stuff that big of a deal?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Upstate South Carolina
Save yourself some heartache, stress and money. Don't go cheap when it comes to windows. I wouldn't put a $189 window in a 1974 mobile home. You get what you pay for. If you go vinyl, go with a high end brand. better yet, call Renewal by Anderson. I took out 21 vinyl windows that were about 9 years old and put in the Andersen composite. Amazing difference. Worth every penny.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers