I have received a few estimates for new windows in my home. Window World (the $189/window guys) is the cheapest, but their added costs seem odd. For 10 Double Hung windows (only 4 with Low E glass) and 1 picture window (with Low E glass), they came up with $3,900. $660 of this is an additional charge to remove my aluminum windows. Does this seem high to anyone? Especially the $660 to remove my metal windows?
Also, is the Low E stuff that big of a deal?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Upstate South Carolina
Save yourself some heartache, stress and money. Don't go cheap when it comes to windows. I wouldn't put a $189 window in a 1974 mobile home. You get what you pay for. If you go vinyl, go with a high end brand. better yet, call Renewal by Anderson. I took out 21 vinyl windows that were about 9 years old and put in the Andersen composite. Amazing difference. Worth every penny.
Replacement window nightmare
Replacement window channels for double hung windows
Need Replacement Window Parts
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects