If I understand right, geothermal radiant in-floor heat is more expensive to install in new construction than a geothermal forced-air system? Given a tight budget, if we chose geothermal but did the forced-air for heat (we also need a/c for medical reasons), then would geothermal forced -air be enough to provide heat in the winter when it goes down to -30 degrees C outside? Or would we need electric baseboard heaters and wood stove to heat the house on those colder days?
One other question about in-floor heat is does it retain the heat in the room or cool down quickly when turned off... I'm thinking of the days in the spring and fall when the night we use heat but in the day, if it gets really hot, we use the a/c. Overall, I'm guessing that forced-air would be the better way to go for us but I still like the idea of geothermal. Any suggestions to this? Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes