I had new cement poured everywhere and new steps constructed. When they cut out the old steps they discsovered the previous owners poured right into the concrete block of this part of the house (which was an addition). As a result, the concrete masons pulled out a couple pieces of the foundation block (not full block- just some pieces of it). When I asked how they wanted to fix it, they said they would cut a large piece of plywood and cover it before pouring the new steps to seal it up. The problem is that when they finished I noticed that piece of plywood was sticking out from the steps so they cut it off and then left. I got home from work and found that when they cut it off, it left a hole in which I could actuallyl pull out insulation (see pic). My friend (who is a handyman) came over and we filled the open space with concrete (the concrete company I used never returned my call). Was this an acceptable fix? Will mice be able to get into the house by burrowing under concrete steps to that piece of plywood that they poured against?
How to snap foundation form ties?
Best material for waterproofing exterior foundation ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes