I have two questions about my aluminum metal windows. Maybe someone can share their thoughts. After the first frost and throughtout the winter the inside appears to "sweat". Moist frost develops on the inside of the aluminum frames.
1. Is this a safety concern ?? - I haven't noticed any mold or anything but I was just wondering. The frames are pretty much frosty all winter near the frames.
2. Is the useful life of my windows about up ?? A few of the double panes have lost their gas but someone said the windows will still hold up. They are in pretty good shape overall. Most of the folks in the development have not replaced their windows.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance - jg1234
Some background info if needed. ( I live in Pennsylvania. My house is 18 years old. Windows are original. House has vinyl siding. The Windows are the type with storm windows inside. I do not have any storm windows. Most folks in the development do not - they were extra if desired. )
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!