I have two questions about my aluminum metal windows. Maybe someone can share their thoughts. After the first frost and throughtout the winter the inside appears to "sweat". Moist frost develops on the inside of the aluminum frames.
1. Is this a safety concern ?? - I haven't noticed any mold or anything but I was just wondering. The frames are pretty much frosty all winter near the frames.
2. Is the useful life of my windows about up ?? A few of the double panes have lost their gas but someone said the windows will still hold up. They are in pretty good shape overall. Most of the folks in the development have not replaced their windows.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance - jg1234
Some background info if needed. ( I live in Pennsylvania. My house is 18 years old. Windows are original. House has vinyl siding. The Windows are the type with storm windows inside. I do not have any storm windows. Most folks in the development do not - they were extra if desired. )
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING