I have two questions about my aluminum metal windows. Maybe someone can share their thoughts. After the first frost and throughtout the winter the inside appears to "sweat". Moist frost develops on the inside of the aluminum frames.
1. Is this a safety concern ?? - I haven't noticed any mold or anything but I was just wondering. The frames are pretty much frosty all winter near the frames.
2. Is the useful life of my windows about up ?? A few of the double panes have lost their gas but someone said the windows will still hold up. They are in pretty good shape overall. Most of the folks in the development have not replaced their windows.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance - jg1234
Some background info if needed. ( I live in Pennsylvania. My house is 18 years old. Windows are original. House has vinyl siding. The Windows are the type with storm windows inside. I do not have any storm windows. Most folks in the development do not - they were extra if desired. )
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love