Greetings, my first post here!
My home is new construction (2002) in Southern California and has drywall around the inside of the window frame. I believe there is metal edging around the inside edges of the frame.
I would like to add casing with a stool and apron. However, I have to remove the drywall at the bottom of the window in order to install the stool properly. The pros that have been installing trim around here simply put the stool on top of the drywall. The problem with that is then you can’t remove the window!
My question is: What is the best way to remove the drywall at the bottom of the window. And what will be exposed; a 2x4 to attach the new stool to?
I would greatly appreciate your help, thanks!
DYI Guides for Replacing Window with New Construction?
Thermopane window installation
Window trim replacement, shoddy workmanship, help
Window Flush Trim Kit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs