Greetings, my first post here!
My home is new construction (2002) in Southern California and has drywall around the inside of the window frame. I believe there is metal edging around the inside edges of the frame.
I would like to add casing with a stool and apron. However, I have to remove the drywall at the bottom of the window in order to install the stool properly. The pros that have been installing trim around here simply put the stool on top of the drywall. The problem with that is then you can’t remove the window!
My question is: What is the best way to remove the drywall at the bottom of the window. And what will be exposed; a 2x4 to attach the new stool to?
I would greatly appreciate your help, thanks!
DYI Guides for Replacing Window with New Construction?
Thermopane window installation
Window trim replacement, shoddy workmanship, help
Window Flush Trim Kit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes