Greetings, my first post here!
My home is new construction (2002) in Southern California and has drywall around the inside of the window frame. I believe there is metal edging around the inside edges of the frame.
I would like to add casing with a stool and apron. However, I have to remove the drywall at the bottom of the window in order to install the stool properly. The pros that have been installing trim around here simply put the stool on top of the drywall. The problem with that is then you can’t remove the window!
My question is: What is the best way to remove the drywall at the bottom of the window. And what will be exposed; a 2x4 to attach the new stool to?
I would greatly appreciate your help, thanks!
DYI Guides for Replacing Window with New Construction?
Thermopane window installation
Window trim replacement, shoddy workmanship, help
Window Flush Trim Kit
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps