My jacuzzi tub is leaking. I'm not sure exactly where. But it hasn't been used in a 7+ years. I rented my house to skiers last year, and I don't know what made me do it, but I decided to test the tub the week before the rental. I filled up the tub with water and as it is a big two person tub, I left it to fill. My son hollered to me about 10 minutes later- as their was a flood of water in the dining room directly below the tub. I patched the ceiling and haven't tried to use it since. I am guessing, because it hasn't been used in so long, the seals may all have dried up. Now I am getting ready to put my house on the market and would like to get it in working order if possible.
There is a small little opening at one end of the tub and the rest of the tub is tiled on 3 sides with the other side of the tub up against the outer wall. The motor is at the end where the opening is. However, the motor wasn't even turned on and it was leaking like crazy.
Any suggestions on how to proceed are greatly appreciated.
I have attached several pictures.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!