I recently purchased my home and noticed the basement walls are starting to bow in. What are my options to prevent this from moving inward any further?
I too had the exact same issues with my home. Since Ive been in the construction industry for over 20 years I knew I wanted to use carbon fiber instead of steel beams. After researching I decided to go with the Rhino Carbon Fiber System because it attaches at the top and bottom of the foundation, tying everything together. I installed the system myself 5 years ago and Ive had absolutely no issues since. Another good thing about Rhino is you can order it and install it yourself or have a contractor install it. Hope this helps!
If the problem lies in foundation cracks, then the problem can often be fixed by chipping out the crack and applying masonry patch, epoxy or other sealants.
Air gap between foundation wall & finished wall
Caution! If You Are Thinking About Using Superior W...
Hole in Foundation Wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!