I recently purchased my home and noticed the basement walls are starting to bow in. What are my options to prevent this from moving inward any further?
I too had the exact same issues with my home. Since Ive been in the construction industry for over 20 years I knew I wanted to use carbon fiber instead of steel beams. After researching I decided to go with the Rhino Carbon Fiber System because it attaches at the top and bottom of the foundation, tying everything together. I installed the system myself 5 years ago and Ive had absolutely no issues since. Another good thing about Rhino is you can order it and install it yourself or have a contractor install it. Hope this helps!
If the problem lies in foundation cracks, then the problem can often be fixed by chipping out the crack and applying masonry patch, epoxy or other sealants.
Air gap between foundation wall & finished wall
Caution! If You Are Thinking About Using Superior W...
Hole in Foundation Wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!