I recently purchased my home and noticed the basement walls are starting to bow in. What are my options to prevent this from moving inward any further?
I too had the exact same issues with my home. Since Ive been in the construction industry for over 20 years I knew I wanted to use carbon fiber instead of steel beams. After researching I decided to go with the Rhino Carbon Fiber System because it attaches at the top and bottom of the foundation, tying everything together. I installed the system myself 5 years ago and Ive had absolutely no issues since. Another good thing about Rhino is you can order it and install it yourself or have a contractor install it. Hope this helps!
If the problem lies in foundation cracks, then the problem can often be fixed by chipping out the crack and applying masonry patch, epoxy or other sealants.
Air gap between foundation wall & finished wall
Caution! If You Are Thinking About Using Superior W...
Hole in Foundation Wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes