I purchased 500 SF of Morning Star Bamboo and about 2 months after it was installed I started having respiratory problems. Sore throat, dryness, runny nose, headaches. There was also a distinct smell coming from the floor. I went to the doctors and they said it was bronchitis (at the time I did not know about the formaldehyde in this flooring. It is now 4 months since I went to the doctors and I'am still suffering with the same symptoms. I called my doctor as soon as I heard about the formaldehyde in the floor and she said theres a good possibility that my symptoms could be coming from the flooring if the levels are high.
I also had problems with this floor gapping and the locking mechanism coming unlocked. The flooring shrunk about an inch and a quarter from my base molding which was not on the wall when installed, so the shrinkage is about 2 inches. You can see the padding through all the gaps. Called Lumber Liquidators and they sent out one of their inspectors and of course they blamed it on the installer and washed their hands of any responsibility. Lumber Liquidators will rip you off and any warranty they offer is to protect them not you. There are hundreds of complaints online. I stress, DO NOT BUY from LumberLiquidators. Read the reviews! These people are telling the truth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes